kidney stone blocking tube

Posted , 3 users are following.

i had an ultrasound scan done done today and was told that i have a large stone blocking the tube just after the left kidney. this causing me to get recurring UTI infections and most of the symptoms quite bad i have been put on ciprofloxacin to clear the current infection and awaitng to see the urologist fortunatly i have all ready been referred by my GP the question is how long will i have to wait or is this classed as an urgent case?


0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted


    I would say this is a very urgent case..

    I had exactly the same and had emergency surgery about 3 hours after i had a ct scan.

    My stone was lodge in the tube and couldnt move,the pain was truly horrific.

    I would imagine your ultrasound results will be reviewed by a urologist and you will be seen pretty quick,if not called in as soon as they see it.

    Keep your fluids up and good luck.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted


    I hope that your case is different but I have exactly the same problem and I've been poorly for 3 months. I've had so many antibiotics it's incredible. However they didn't know I had a stone until about a month ago. They then ref me to the urologist again but that was a long wait. Fortunately I got infection number 7 last Friday and went to the doc for another lots of antibiotics. The doctor decided a ouch was enough and admitted me to hospital. This has pushed everything forward and I'm now hopefully having lithotripsy in the next few weeks.

    So in answer to your question, you are further forward as they know you have a stone. Also it's blocking something so they will take that as serious. However I still don't think treatment will be immediate. Probably at least 4 weeks. Unless you end up in hospital which will then speed things up.

    I totally understand how you feel, it's awful. You can't live life normally as you have constant temperatures and feel awful. I have started drinking 3ltr of water a day which I think is helping. Good luck Sx

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hello I surely think your case is urgent but it will tk time to get surgery done maybe a few wks, it tokk me almost two months , I had consultation then pre testing then medical clearance unfortunately I ended up with a chest cold that it prolonged my sugery two more weeks...but hopefully everthing will go smoothly for you if not go to er they will do everything asap.....good luck
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Thanks for the replies

    I think this a game of Russian roulette with the Antibiotics, I am on my second course and these are just working and I was told by Gp that theses are the strongest ones in tablet form, if the infection overcomes these then it be a trip to A and E for IV ones. So I hope it will not take too long as the risk of a major problem will increase.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up