Kidney stone--is it normal to have excessive belching and bowel movements?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hubby was in pain last tuesday, by nighttime he vomited. Spent the whole day and night in pain, belching CONSTANTLY, and couldn't pass a bowel movement. Took him to the ER on wednesday, they did a CT scan and said he had a kidney stone close to passing. Sent him home with pain med, antibiotic, and a med to relax the prostate area. Pushed his water intake daily and Saturday he passed a tiny stone the size of a poppy seed. Felt better. Pain subsided and he was good. But all day sunday, he started belching again and has been having runny bowel movements. No pain, he just doesnt understand why he's having these symptoms now. Is this normal during and after?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Everyone's body recovers differently. But some of what you describe of your husband's post-stone symptoms do sound familiar. While I didn't have the bowel movement issue, I do remember the excessive gas I had (upper and lower). I hope he continues to be pain-free! - Martin

• Posted

Thank you. He is much better today it seems. Went to work yesterday and I guess moving around at work helped alleviate the gas. Bm's are back to normal as of last night too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.