Kidney stone/ovarian cysts

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i really need help and concerned with my health. i was diagnosed with a kidney stone and with a 3 cm corpus luteum cyst on each ovary due to pain in my abdomen a couple months ago. the doctor told me to drink alot fluids to pass the kidney stone because it was on its way out so i have and for my cysts they would go away on there own within three menstral cycles. recently these days ive been having trouble with my bowl movements and then pain and discomfort began to happen one  night out of nowhere and i was unable to sleep with pain that felt like contractions but worse because i have to kids so i would know how they feel. well all i could do was deal with the pain so it could go away (i am tired going to the hospital). now i feel alittle better but with pain going on here and there. CAN ANYONE RELATE AND GIVE ME AN IDEA OF WHAT THE PROBLEM COULD BE!!!smile OR ANY SOLUTION

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You may have passed the stone or the cyst(s) have burst. This does happen with corpus luteum, they are egg follicles and form each month then pass away with a period if not fertilized. You could ask for another scan to check this. I would make another appt with your GP or Gynae consultant. rolleyes 

• Posted

Thank u exactly what my obgyn said!smile but i think it is time for another scan after all this pain😣

• Posted

I also had kidne stones and cyst on both ovaries and problem with bowel movement. Since I am post menopause, I had both ovaries removed. The problem with the bowels was scar tissue, the doctor found plenty of it wrapped around my colon. I am much better now.
    • Posted

I definitely could get a better look at my situation! Thank u need to see my doc asap!🙂

• Posted

You can see a urologist for an ultrasound of your kidneys to see if you passed it or not. That's what I did before I had my ovaries removed.  Also, for your information scar tissue does not show up on scans. Scar tissue could be causing you pain also. Ask your gyno to check and see if he/she feels any scar tissue. My gyno felt it while doing an internal exam, she used a light to make sure that's what it was, but she never felt any cysts. I did not know about cysts until my kidney stone episode and then I found a different gyno for the surgery.

• Posted

My daughter constantly formed 3cm hemorrhagic luteal cysts, they were not the reason for her 24/7 pain, but caused additional huge pain upon rupture (as we believe), menstruation anyway. She is taking Levlen CBC pill in order to avoid formation of any new hemorrhagic luteal cysts (as the pill does nothing to existing cysts) as they were painful even functional. Via ultrasound and MRI seen that the big ones are gone/ruptured and the small cysts kept small thanks to CBC. You might want to consider avoiding new formation of normal sized,  even functional, but still painful upon rupturing luteal cyts, too?

(We have no kidney stone experience)

• Posted

Its painful to have a kidney stone trying to pass and cysts on each ovary,but could go for more information about what to do with my cysts instead of them rupturing. I am afraid for them to get bigger or worsen as time goes by.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.