Kidney stone pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have RTA with multiple stones throughout both kidneys. No stones in ureter or bladder. Recently had ureterscopy that removed all stones not in kidney tissue. I continue to have pain & doctors will not prescribe pain meds.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am serious, and this does work. Drink 24 ounces of ice cold beer. Then walk a mile briskly. You obviously still have stones blocking the urine pathway to the ureter. Take this from me, I have had kidney stones for the last 20 years. I learned this trick from an old navy doctor.
  • Posted

The problem here is 3,

First, there are no stones in the ureter, or bladder, but there are possibly some in the kidney.

Second, a person can live without knowing they have stones in their kidneys, just waiting to go into the ureter, on the way out.

Third, this one is the most frustrating one of all, causes something can be done. The pain you have can only be controlled through medication, and since we live where everyone thinks that if a person takes a narcotic that you will become hooked. If taken responsible there is a very little chance. Read the active drug amounts in the pill bottles, the first number should be a 5, 10, or 7.5 mg. this is how much of the narcotic is in each pill. Now the second number should be 500, 325, or 750mg. this is the medication that's in Excedrin, Tylenol and it is also the drug that can cause problems with kidneys, liver, and stomach, and yet the doctors aren't concerned you can buy these and cause damage, regarding kidney stone pain, those will not help with the pain.

Finally see if they can prescribe moltrin 800, this will cut down the inflammation of your kidneys, if they say no, just pick up a bottle at the store and take 4 every 8 hours, this will equal the the prescribed one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.