Kidney Stone Question

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Question, had urine analysis 2 weeks ago that showed high amount of calcium oxfalate crystals. Went back that Friday gave more Urine and no trace of crystals. Can I still have a kidney stone? Also light discomfort in back, and side. I’ve been reading many people speak of drinking lemon juice with olive oil and taking some thing called Chanca Piedra (stone breaker). Does this work. ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Chanca Piedra and Hydrangea  both are herbal remedies for kidney stones. ..  Best as 'prevention'.  (I didn't get rid of my stone with them...but I have prevented stones I'm pretty sure -- I get the 'kidney twinge' and I take them and it goes away.)   The formula called 'stonebreaker'  has both those herbs plus burdock root which reduces uric acid. Some people swear by lemon juice and olive oil and I know people who have gotten rid of stones that way.  Facilitates passage I think..but I don't know how.  If it gets more painful you can have a catscan to see if and where the stone is...

• Posted

Thanx for replying...,not even sure I have one. Outside of certain symptoms. But most people on here and that i have spoken talk about pain like no other. Also one urine sample shows high levels of calcium oxfalate crytals, and another urine sample from 4 days later shows no crytals. Don’t know what to think???? Any idea 
    • Posted

If you had high calcium oxylate and some pain...you may have passed a stone or have one waiting to pass.  Sometimes a stone will pass without pain but if it's bigger than the ureter (the tube between your kidney and bladder) and trying to pass...you'll know..I promise you - that's the pain and that's the time to to to the hospital/see the doc/ask what else you can do.  The lemon and olive oil remedy is pretty harmless so you could try it to see if it changes anything.  As I said I use the chanca piedra as a preventative...so if you can get it, you could make a decision. You've had a urinalysis which means you've seen your doc?  So if you trust him -- ask your doc too.

• Posted

Which brand of Chanca Piedra do u use? Do you take it daily? Is it ok to take even if u don’t have a stone? What are the side effects? And how do u do the lemon and olive oil? Thanx for replying! 
    • Posted

One more thing drinking water with lemon in it is good to. 
    • Posted

Alex --- I don't know if  links are allowed but the site below  'crowd sources' the natural remedies for various ailments and how well they work  and in the case of kidney stones posters seem to agree that lemon- olive oil/apple cider vinegar/ and chanca piedra have the best results.  For lemon-olive oil, depending on the severity, you could try chugging a tablespoon full of olive oil with a squeeze of lemon in the morning (best on empty stomach if you can tolerate) or if it's acute some people take it every 15 minutes until pain passes.  Chanca piedra herbal tincture is available from a few herbal co's  (herb pharm is one) and the instructions are on the bottle (Generally 20 drops in a small amount of water 1 to 3 times a day.) Lemon and Olive Oil no side effects unless you have acid stomach in which case obviously don't take it on an empty stomach.. For chanca piedra only caution is if you have blood sugar issues (e.g. diabetes) so google that if it's the case.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Someone told me Robinsons Lemon Barley Water is good for kidney stones you could try it.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.