Kidney stone removal andRobotic Pyeloplasty recovery with stent

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

I've been recovering from a stone removal and a pyeloplasty to correct a congenital issue causing a blockage in that tube that goes from my kidney to my bladder (they cut it out and removed a portion of my kidney and sewed it all back up again). Due to the surgey they put a stent in while it all heals up to take the pressure off the area and in general it's been ok with just the usual extra urgency and discomfort to pee sometimes but one of the other discomforts is I feel full on the side of the kidney surgery. It's not painful but I feel bloated and super uncomfortable and on that side and sometimes it feels like when I break wind it relieves some of that pressure. It's been 4/5 weeks since the surgery and since I haven't had any extreme pain I have hoped it's just a side effect of the stent but I thought I would post here to here others experiences if this is ok?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.