Kidney stones

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ive been to the hospital as wicked back pain. Been diagnosed with kidney stones.Was going to get the stent but at last min passed some small gravel.Spent 2 days in hospital then released to come back in 4 weeks for lazer as have 2 stones in left kidney.4 days later the pain is back , not as bad as the first time but still very sore.Does anyone know how long this may last.My meds are panadol & ibripufrin.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Whilst some people do have stones that don't give symptoms, once a stone is causing pain, it will continue to do so until it passes, or until they can remove it for you.

You can help natural passing by drinking lots of water to flush it through.

And ask about stronger painkillers - these should be readily available to you because panadol and ibuprofen are quite low down on the scale.

Good luck.

• Posted

hi I now on codine and it's working great.Ive started apple cider vinegar and have been pain free with no need for Meds.Drinking heaps of water as well.

• Posted

As im sure your aware the pain from kidney stones can come and go,when they move about the pain kicks in,then sometimes it can stop as quickly as it started.

Have they said how big the stones are that they are going to laser?

I would certainly ask for stronger pain meds as what you have been given are very mild,although they work well together.

Keep drinking plenty and hopefully it will settle again for you...

Take care..

• Posted

Yes my doctor has given me codine and it's taken the edge off.My stones are between 3-5mm.Since my last posting I have been absolutely pain free so not sure if it's a sense of false reality or not .Ive started taking apple cider vinegar with water and it's working a treat.

• Posted

Thats good that your pain free at the moment,as your stones are quite small you may well pass them.....fingers crossed.

I have no pain what so ever at the moment but mine comes and goes,i am going in for  pcnl surgery soon as they cant shift one of mine as its 19mm.

Hopefully youll stay pain free....

• Posted

19mm that's a good size stone.Isnt it strange how come the pain comes and goes.Im going in for a check in 4 weeks so fingers crossed I may have passed them of dissolved them.Would rather do it naturally if I can without to much pain? 

• Posted

Definitely without to much pain whenever possible..Heres hoping..!!!

Hope you get through next few weeks without to much trouble..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.