Kidney stones

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've bee dealing with kidney pain for 5 days, I'm pretty sure it's a stone. I'm no stranger to stones. 10 yrs ago I was admitted to hospital with a stone stuck in my ureter. I've never felt pain like this in my life. I'm almost certain I'm dealing with same issue. At the moment I don't have insurance and don't have tons of money to spend on tests and urologists. The pain I'm feeling now is almost unbearable when I move certain ways. I can sit down but when I move or get up I have sharp pains in my kidney area that travels down to my butt area. I'm scared I have another large stone that will not pass. I'm thinking if I go to an urgent care facility it will won't be too costly. Should I still be experiencing this pain 5 days later?? Should I have passed this stone by now?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi I've recently been in the same boat and went to a "Free clinic" in which all they need is your ID to do a checkup. Sometimes there are long wait times but I've gotten xrays done at the time that confirmed the issue. Best of luck to you and hope you feel better!

• Posted

Thank you Nick S for responding back. When I dealt with this 10 yrs ago I had insurance but with 2 days in hospital and 2 lithrotripsy and tons of drs visits all I had to do was pay deductible. I hope its just a stone trying to pass and not one that is blocked.
  • Posted

If the stone is too big you will not be able to pass it.

Fortunately here where I live in Wales we are under NHS so do not have to pay for treatment.

Hope you feel better soon.

Sarah

• Posted

I'm 5 days also in pain with a kidney stones but don't know we're to turn. Yes I. UK healthcare is free but it's weekend and doc don't seem to be that good at weekend.

My husband keeps saying try to move more but the pain is severe when I get up and down. I've vomited and keep going hot and cold.

• Posted

Maybe you need to get yourself to A and E.

They are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Hope this settles down for you.

Take care and keep in touch.

Sarah xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.