Kidney Stones/Blood in Urine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, how long is it normal to have blood in your urine with a kidney stone? I was diagnosed this week. Not sure if it has passed yet. I continue to have red wine like urine every time I pee with some menstrual like pain. I had a full hysterectomy 4 years ago so no parts to cause this I think. I have an appointment with a urologist this monday but am very concerned with the amount of blood still in my urine.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

For me it was often. Your stoe may be getting ready to pass. When I had the wire inside me, I  bled everytime I peed. The stone may be in or near the ureter, which can scrape and cause the bleeding.
  • Posted

You will pass blood if your stone is causing some blockage or you have a stent in place. Call your doctor or go into emergency if it get worse or feel pain.
  • Posted

I am certainly no doctor..but I do have stones...from that aspect I can say this,I had days where my urine was the color of tomato juice and handed samples over to doctors like that....there was never any alarm..just mine. Sometimes the stones can aggreviate the kindneys or the bladder or the tube they sometimes get stuck in. If the pain and amount of. blood concern you..maybe a trip to the er is in order. Certainly dont hesitate if fever starts along with all the other symptons...could signal an infection. I can tell when my stones are moving...pain and blood..Good luck on monday and dont wait if things change...keep us posted on your journey.
  • Posted

Maybe, you do not pay much attention to your kidneys. Your kidneys work really hard and play an important role in your body. Uric acid is a common cause of kidney stones and it is a consequence of eating foods like meat, fish and seafood that have high content of purines. These foods may result in other types of kidney stones as well, such as calcium oxalate stones. To explore your knowledge read an article " Common Foods That May Harm Your Kidneys" at zovon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.