Kidney stones removed by the operation method

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm having to have my kidney stones removed by the operation method and want to know if anyone has had the op what it's like and what to expect

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I got an unsuccessful operation 2 week ago. Surgeon realized the uteroscopy cannot be performed due to narrow path where kidney stone had stuck inside upper ureter tissue.

Now, after placing stent. We are hopeful that the path to stone would become wide enough to pry the stone out using basket method..i.e grab the stone through thin metal inserted using uteroscopy.

Regarding, piercing/ operation, my coworker had 3 cm (not mm) stone stuck inside kidney. He had to go through hole from the back side near the kidney. That took him over 2 week to recover.

• Posted

I've had it done twice, general anaesthetic, a bit of discomfort for a day or two and that's was it for me, no big deal really.

• Posted

What operation are you having?

Ureteroscopy,pcnl ?,these are the 2 ops most used.

• Posted

Finally, I got my kidney stone taken out by uteroscopy(basket) with the help of laser stone breaking method this friday.

Glad to know the good news in recovery room, So happy!!!. However, stent is place for a week for healing the tissues where stone was lodged.

The procedure was less than an hour and recovery took 3 hours. I went back home same day..So far so good!

• Posted

Hi Sid, i hava question. please tell me your symptoms you had of a kidney stone. i've been having recurring bladder infections and i had so much pain in my kidney recently but no vomiting. i jus had chills and tingles in my body along with the pain. i went to the doc who then told me to go to the ER just incase its a stone. i wasn't in that much pain that day and the doc at the ER ruled out the kidney stone without checking it. he put me on an antibiotic for bladder infection. do u tink i shud go to the urologist just in case....... or could this doc be right?

• Posted

Hi Farah,

My first symptom was discoloration of Urine with no pain. I rushed to Primary Care Dr. Upon Urine test, I was diagnosed with Hematuria ( Blood presence in urine).

That could caused by many diseases. So, Urine culture was performed and results ruled out for infections etc. Than Dr, prescribed for Kidney Stone CT Scan.

In the mean time, I started having chills and wave like intermittent mild pain mostly affecting/Ending at Groin area. I never had nausea except worst pain one day.

Finally, I diagnosed with 4mm presence of Stone.

I never had nausea except worst pain at lower bladder and Groin area only once..(The symptom when stone come out of kidney to ureter)

I would demand CT Scan to rule out kidney stone.

• Posted

thanks so much will make an appointment with urologist sad

• Posted

Hi chris, we'll I am getting the litotripsy this tues, the uretrascopy didn't work , they just inserted a very painful stent in me, I am hoping that blasting the stone works if not then I need another procedure done.. dt stress yourself out no matter which way they get it out just hope they do it in one shot... but I wish you the best of luck

• Posted

I had stone taken out by lazer blasting with basket method.  I am taking Phenazopyridine to minimize the bladder urge and pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.