kind of freaking out over uterine polyps (22 y/o)

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive been having lower abdominal/pelvic discomfort for about a week and a half and i thought it was appendicitis. my dr. agreed and sent me straight over to imaging to get a ct scan. however, my appendix was totally fine and instead they saw that my endometrium was thickened to about 19mm. i guess that is not normal because they then scheduled me to get a transvaginal US the very next day. on the TVS they found a cyst on my left ovary that had burst as well as a uterine polyp. they told me the polyp is small and my last period was regular, and im young, so they are not worried about it very much. im worried about the polyp bc i have been having brown discharge throughout my cycle for many months, but i didnt mention it bc for some reason i thought that wasnt a big deal, and they did an STD test and it was negative for everything, and im not sexually active. i also bled a little for one day in-between my last two periods, but the dr didnt really seem concerned about it. i also still have pain in my pelvis and it doesnt go away. sorry for the long post, i just feel like something is wrong. ive only seen my gp, and i kind of want to get a second opinion, but i dont know if im just worrying over nothing.

another thing: i had a transvaginal scan a year ago for something else, and i had no polyps/everything was normal with my ovaries and uterus. do u guys know how fast polyps can turn up? i thought that was a little weird as well.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

idk if you're going to see this but i'm a 19yo and i'm having similar symptoms. did you notice any changes in your brown discharge or has it stayed the same?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.