Kindly Help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello dear reader,

I am 27 years old and 2 months ago i had very bad soar throat and the next day i notice one swollen gland in the right side of my neck. It is not big in shape.

I visit my doctor and he give me some antibiotics which help my throat. NOT COMPLETELY. However, i have gastric issue and my doctor said that the pain could be because of it.

The swollen gland on the right side of my neck is still there after 6 weeks. When i touch it its small but when i move my neck to left side i can see it clearly.

I went to general surgeon and he said it is totally fine and it is small. I notice one small one in left side also. Which is very small. But the doctor said there is nothing in left side and i think so much.

I am so confuse. What should i do?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey! Finding lumps can be scary. I had a bad throat infrction a few years ago which caused my lymphnodes in neck (I think that is what you're describing) to swell very large a few years later they are still there. Numerous doctors visits and all have said that it is nothing to worry about, I also have two under my jaw due to dental work. If your doctor  and general surgeon believe they are fine then they must be. They are trained and know what they are doing. Although if you are still worried go for a second opinion to put your mind at rest because stress and anxiety can cause physical changes to the body. Most likely lumps from past infections or your gastric issue. Like I said if still worried go and get a second opinion because if it is something then it can be sorted quicker and if it isn't anything worrisome then you can forget about it. Please let me know how you get on. 

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. I will be in touch. 
  • Posted

Hello. And what do the blood tests show? And what changes do you feel? 
    • Posted

The blood test was fine. Doctor said there is nothing to worry about. 

I don't see any changes in me. Only I lost weight like around 4 kg and my doctor said that is because I am worried a lot. Which is true. 

• Posted

Well, if you do not have any changes,u feel normal then I think and don't be worry.

Try not to pay attention and just enjoy your life. 

Peace to you. Do not be ill, good to you!

• Posted

Thank you for your good words. I appreciate it. 

By changes what do you mean. Can you mentions some of it so I can get more clear image. 

• Posted

Changes like anything like for example with teeth you are all good? With the joints of the bone? Temperature?
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. Teeth are fine. My legs joints pain me sometimes. It is not always but just sometimes for few seconds. My body is always warm. It was like this before i get swollen glands.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.