Kinsey stone stuck at UVJ for a week

Posted , 2 users are following.

Right after thanksgiving I felt some kidney stone pain but it went away in a day. Then a little more pain in December but tolerable. Finally Went to the ER Monday and they said I have a 4mm stone right at the UVJ and I should pass it on the next few days. Here we are Friday and still nothing. I take flomax everyday and drink tons of water and urinate a lot but nothing. Haven't had any pain all week, mostly just the urge to urinate which in itself is driving me out of my mind. I have an appt with urologist on Tuesday and if they take CT scan and it still hasn't moved I might just elect for the surgery. Anybody been in this spot? I feel like I've been dealing with this stone for almost 2 months and I just want it out. Thanks for listening. Any advice greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Thinlking of you tomorrow.

Hope you get some answers.

I too am suffering with a kidney stone waiting to see urologist.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Thanks for your reply and thoughts. Urologist said today the stone hadn't moved in 10 days and it was actually more like 5mm so he didn't think it would pass. So I'm having surgery tomorrow at 4 pm to remove the stone. I have to get a stent left inside me for 5-7 days but after that he said I should be good as new. A little nervous for surgery tomorrow but so glad the stone will finally be out and I can move on with my life. I'm staying away from soda forever because I'm 90 percent sure that is the cause of my stones. I'll write one more time next week after the stent is removed to update how it went. Hopefully this can help someone if there ever in my same position. Good luck with your stone Sarah. I hope it passes sooner than later.

• Posted

Thinking of you tomorrow. Hope it all goes OK.

I am seeing a urologist tomorrow, hope they have some ideas about what to do.

Looking forward to hearing from you when you will be feeling a lot better.

Love Sarah xx

• Posted

I saw urologist yesterday and I have an enormous kidney stone. No chance of either passing or blasting that so it will have to be surgery.

Hope you are feeling better

Sarah

• Posted

Sorry to hear that. Hope you can get your surgery scheduled soon and get that sucker out of you.

I'm still a little uncorfortable with the stent in place but feeling much better than yesterday. Just hit 48 hours since surgery so still early in the recovery.

• Posted

Well got my stent removed today. I'll have to admit I was the most nervous I've ever been in my life! It wasn't as bad as I thought but still pretty uncomfortable. A lot of pain for about 5-7 seconds when he was in the bladder but the whole thing only took about 30 seconds at most. Been peeing blood the last few hours but nothing like I did after the surgery. They said about 24-36 hours of a little blood in urine and then I should feel back to 100 percent! Can't wait to put this all behind me, get off the soda and hopefully never deal with this again!

• Posted

2 weeks since my stent was removed and I'm still Experiencing pain and discomfort. Flank pain, testicle pain and still have urgency issues. Having my ultrasounds tom to see if I'm still inflamed or what. Doctors surprised I'm still have these symptoms 2 weeks post stent removal. It's like a nightmare that will never end.

• Posted

Sorry this has not settled down as you had hoped.

Thinking of you.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

My kidney stone passed into urinary tract but was stuck there for a month very irritating . When i get that sensation to urinate i hold the tip of my penis clised with two fingers untill pressure builds up. It just came out 5 mm stone. I have had probably had a dozen stones passed. It generic every petson differs. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.