Kirsch shoulder method

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone tried the Kirsch method.

It revolves around hanging from a pull-up bar. It can be modified so you don't actually hang initially but by using a stool or small platform you can pull up off the stool to cause stretching of the shoulder.

What happens with method is that the clearance in the shoulder between the AC joint and the head of the humerus gradually increases, so by it will help prevent rubbing of the AC and head of humerus which for most of us FS sufferers is a cause of FS.

Kirsch claims 99% success in treating shoulder impingement and frozen shoulder.

I think it's worth a try on my part, as it can only help to increase my range of motion (I hope).

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I used to hang off a metal bar on the bad shoulder it did help the rom for sure.

• Posted

Im very curious. Did this actually work?

Im going on 9 months or so with FS.

I had manipulation surgery last Thursday.

I am having limited ROM  and a lot of pain.  

Massages, therapy, sleepless nights, depression....

Horrible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.