Klonipin and Prozac for anxiety and depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have been experiencing awful anxiety and depression for the past month or so due to some extreme stressors. Husband heart operation, 92 year old grandmother emergency surgery and financial difficulties with our business. Feel like I'm having a nervous breakdown crying uncontrolably. Saw my gp today and he prescribed 20 mg of prozac along with .5 mg of klonipin at bedtime. Also asked me to get out in the sun a minimum of 30 minutes per day and to revisit him in 2-3 weeks. I'm familiar with prozac but not the klonipin. Would like to hear your experiences with this drug and any suggestions you might have. Thank you.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sonja

I am unable to answer your question but I just wanted to say that I do feel for you, such  a lot to happen all at once.

I hope your husband is ok and grandmother.

I wish you all the best.

Christine

• Posted

Klonopin comes ina wafer which is immediate under the tongue or in a pill. It builds tolerance so its addictive in that eventually you need to  it willcup the dose for it to work. It is ling lasting unlike xanax.it will calm you and give you a well needed break from anxiety. It is difficult to wean off it. I did it twenty years ago but whoa it was rough. But since then they now wean people off very slowly. It can be used as needed  or daily for a month, but there will be an addiction at minths end. It is benzo and will relieve anxity during the times you use it. Be sure to go back in the twoot three week time period. 
    • Posted

Thank you Lisa. I've decided to stop taking the prozac and just use the klonopin for now. I'm so sensitive to the medication that I am only taking a 1/4 of a pill and it is relieving the anxiety without making me a zombie. Calling a psychiatrist tomorrow for some therapy and a few other doctors to check things out. I need to get back to normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.