Klonopin 0.125mg Withdrawal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anybody took 0.25mg Klonopin or less than and felt withdrawals from this microdoses? I've been taking 0.125 for about 8 days for insomnia and want to know if it's ok to stop, thanks wink

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would not stop it because it can cause more symptoms 

I have stopped and started medications and it can make your symptoms worse than before so i would not stop it 

• Posted

Don't stop it wthout medical advice but do get off it, it is a benzodiazepine, highly addictive and a recipe for endless future problems so whilst you must never stop it abruptly even after short term use it is always a good idea to seek medical advice about stopping slowly and safely.

Klonopin is the benzo with the severest of withdrawal symptoms if it's not withdrawn carefully which is why you need to do it so gradually even from a low dose.

See your doctor and ask for advice, if my math is correct 0.125mg of klonopin is the equal to 2.5mg of valium, please check this with your doctor but no one would be advised to just drop a benzo dose like that cold turkey, you would do a gradual reduction.

• Posted

I know everyone reacts differently to withdrawals, the benzo equivalency calculators say 0.25mg klonopin = 2.5mg diazepam  so im guessing 0.125 = 1mg of diazepam. Thanks for the reply anyway, im guessing half of the doctors don't have experience with using drugs, especially specific problems like this one. Just wanted to find someone who could of had an experience with 0.125mg smile
  • Posted

Keep weaning off of it under docters supervision. Yes you will have withdrawls it has a very long half life so expect it to take a month, keep weaning off it. And remember why you went on it to begin with. Some is withdrawl some is anxiety and fears. Learn to mediatate. Thats a low dose and dont think it worked the wonders you believed. You can do it on your own just the same. Your throwing way to much faith into a medicine. Weaning off is breaking off a fourth of it every five or six days. Let your doctor know what you are doing. You can  wean off this stuff. I did twenty one years ago at a much higher amount. Took a month and some wild withdrawls but it worked.honestly it was hard enough that it knocked the anxiety out of me for years. Not so mething you do your own though.need a doctor or counselors coaxing and guidance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.