klonopin for a little over a week

Posted , 5 users are following.

i was put on klonopin for my sleep anxiety (terrified of not being able to sleep) & i was doing great for the first week but the past 2 days i've gone backwards.... the nights have been almost sleepless & ive been so frustrated & emotional in the daytime bc of not being able to sleep at night. i don't understand why it was working & now it's suddenyly just. not? does anyone have any idea about this? i just really need some advice. i'm on 0.5mg 3 times a day

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. I was also put on that for sleep , but only to be taken at nite, before bed, not throughout the day. The only thing I can recommend to you in the most honesty is call and get back in to your doctor. There are better meds for sleep. Sounds like you need a better one. I wish you all the best as not sleeping is very scary and a serious problem that your doctor is obligated to help you with!🖐

• Posted

my sleep problems are all rooted in anxiety so the doctor does not want to give me specifically sleeping medicines (which i agree with, i just need something to reduce my anxiety to let my brain rest). i consulted with her today & she told me to take 2 klonopin at night instead of throughout the day to help with the sleep & see if that helps

• Posted

That sounds really good! Makes more sense to me. Let us know how it goes. I so understand trying to quiet the mind so one can sleep. I hope you find relief soon. Not sleeping is awful ☹️
  • Posted

Hi Hon. Educating yourself FULLY on ALL aspects of benzodiazepines is necessary immediately. Benzodiazepine Information Coalition is an excellent resource, or Wikipedia to start. People commonly develop tolerance to the sedative effects very quickly, they simply don't work anymore for sleep, and instead go the other direction. Physical dependence on benzos, or any sleep meds, is something you really really really don't want. I'm begging you to start reading now. Today. And please share what you learn with your doctor. Most are grossly under-educated on the severe and very common adverse effects these meds are capable of causing. National Institutes of Health reports at least 60,000 ER visits per year due to benzodiazepines alone. This is a massive under-estimate as many PTs/doctors don't attribute the health problems to the med.   My best to you. 

• Posted

This might seem a bit cliche or too simple - but have you tried sleep hypnosis? I was starting citalopram (SSRI) and really really struggled with insomnia and I also started getting this real anxiety about not  being able to sleep but then I started doing some sleep hypnosis (use headphones, jump on youtube and just search for any). They really helped for me. But don't panic if it doesnt work the first time round, it does take awhile to really 'fall' into it. You will get through this, we always do smile 

• Posted

I have major issues with my sleep got mental health nurse next week I'm in zopiclone 7.5mg three times a week too get a sleep xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.