Klonopin vs lorazapam

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anybody tried both lorazapam and klonopin? The lorazapam is making me feel so drowsy its hard to do anything. Is klonopin worse? Doc is thinking of changing me to klonopin. I've read it makes you real sleepy at first and then wears off. Any advice? Don't really want to be on benzos but I'm trying to get back on celexa and I already had anxiety before I started. Any help is much appreciated. Bless you all

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Klonopin is even more addictive than Lorazepam, beware these drugs
  • Posted

Hello, ive been taking diazepam for 4 months, as previous anti depressant got me into a right state. Started a new anti depressant just afterwards. Was allowed 15mg per day, 3 x 5mg tabs. Found 5mg tabs too drowsy, so took half a tablet a time, but took 4 x a day, so a total of 10mg per day. Worked perfectly, very little anxiety, and not too drowsy. As new anti depressant started working felt too drowsy again, so dropped one half a tab, to 3. A month later same happend, so dropped another half tablet a day. Now take half tablet, morning and night. Have experienced very little drowsiness during 4 months, and have been able to halve dose i was originally taking. Can you try something similar with your existing benzo?
    • Posted

Problem is, what I'm already on barely handles the anxiety as it is. 6 wks into celexa. Would go down, but then the anxiety would be overwhelming. Not sure what to do.

• Posted

I know xanax would make me so tired, the Klonopin didn't make me nearly as tired as Xanax. I was only on .25 Klonopin twice a day for about 4 months until my Celexa kicked in.

• Posted

Did the klonopin make you drowsy at first? And did it go away? A little worried about changing from one to the other. You know, dose difference. I'm on 3 mg lorazapam, not sure what the equivalent klonopin dose is, or if ill need less. 3 mg just barely takes care of anxiety and let's me sleep 4 or 5 hrs a night. Just not sure what to do

• Posted

Did that amount take care of your anxiety? I had bad anxiety before I even started celexa and loraz
  • Posted

I use Klonopin (as I am starting Citalopram at the moment) and I really like it. Very mellow, don't get too sleepy and really takes the edge off.. All I need is 0.125mg (half a 0.5mg tablet) and it lasts for about 6 hours. I can still function normally, work, study etc. But I do avoid driving. I would try it smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.