Klonopin withdrawal 7 days since last dose help!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Went inpatient to detox off klonopin 2mgs per day for 1 year taking them.. getting all crazy symptoms feels like my blood is on fire in my arms n legs, dizzy, feeling disconnected, nausea, panic attacks BIG TIME!! It's day 7 what can i expect? Is it gonna get better soon.. I don't know how long i can last like this.. help me people that have done this??

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

renee

From the darknesss comes thee dawn, be patient

You know where we are

BOB

• Posted

renee

When I was in my early twenties I had to come of some of the old medications for depression and I had two that were sticklers to get of as I was taking various subjects at College and had examinations to take.In those days they seemed,  looking back very addictive and eventually I failed my examinations as withdrawal was impossible given the time.

Then I would go for long walks at lunchtime and go swimming three times a week, I used to do 35 lengths I started to do youthwork and took those exams and  passed, I even started ballroom dancing, eventually I  managed to clear the drug

Try diverting your thoughts you should find that will eventually work. Most of my recovery was undertaken in the latter stages of withdrawal about ten months

BOB

• Posted

I had to go off xanax fast, it took a better part of a month for the very last symptom. The symptoms became less and less eash day. I know it is miserable, but you can do it, just be calm and breathe deeply a lot!  Take good care to eat lots of greens and meat (any quality protein) and lots of water. If you can, take a 20 minute brisk walk twice aday. Lots of self care, hot baths, read, rest, whatever feels good, do it.

hang in there!!!

• Posted

I read online that Peak withdrawl symptoms can start at the 2 week mark.. is that true will it get worse than what im going thru right now? I can't take anymore of this.. it's so oooooo hård this is a crazy drug.. wish I never started it.. I feel like im going nuts the disconnected feeling is horrible..

• Posted

i suppose it could, i have no idea.  is herb legal where you are?  I have heard lots of folks use it to eleveate these sorts of symptoms, it could get you through. I have also hearrd it can make symptoms worse. unfortunately, you'd have to try it to see. it was pretty miserable.

it is of my opinion that all the benzoes should be taken off the market, they do too much harm.

• Posted

How did you wean off? 
    • Posted

My best advice is go to the hospital and let them assess you. I dont want to say much more everyone is different but this is a rough withdrawal. I will say on a postive note from start to finish i was ok in a month. It was over 21 yrs ago. I was on a lower dose then you. I dont think that even matters.
    • Posted

Can you call them and tell them what you feel. They will know what to do or tell you or give you. That was a very fast taper.
    • Posted

They gave me zyprexa to take for anxiety. N a bunch of other meds to take for nausea, muscle acces, etc.. but the anxiety cuti right thru it.. it's horrible.. they just told me to use coping skille to get thru the panic.. Nothing else to give.. im allergic to antihistamines so I can't take that.. im just having a hard time.. I feel alot of disconnection like im in a dream.. it's werid can't explain it

• Posted

i wish you  good luck but if you feel really awaful in all fairness i think it would make sense to go to a hospital. I am unfamilair with many meds and how you tapred so i dont know. I didnt use anything when i went off.
  • Posted

How are you doing with all this now? Uodate?
    • Posted

Every withdrawl symptoms are gone except the dizzy feeling, n muscle aches.. im 14 days today..it's been along couple of weeks.. hopefully it only gets better from here on.. I need to be better by the holidays

• Posted

Im so proud of you! Good news! The dizzy will take time to readjust but it will pass too. 
    • Posted

Thank u.. yeah the dizziness is the most annoying part of it. I could handle things so much better if that's gone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.