Klonopin withdrawals success

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am looking for any success stories coming off klonopin. I have been taking it for about 3 months and just started to taper from 0.25 to 0.125 daily. i am currently also taking celexa 20mg and im on week 4 of that which as increased from 10mg that i was on for 6 weeks. I am just upset that now my anxiety and insomnia is back and i don't know what to do. Anybody taper from a low dose like this with success ? If so. Any tips and advice to get through is appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was on klonopin. A complete nightmare!!.

I was taking .5 mg. ( one pill)

I was then also put on trazodone. When I started the trazodone, I was told to drop my dose of klon by half.

I at that time had no idea what that would do. But I just carried on for about 18 months.

Them I decided to wean off both. I first dropped my klon by half and slowly dropped the traz. That took about 9 months. I went through so many terrible withdrawals. Then we I was completely off, I went through post withdrawal for about 18 months.

All I can tell you is do it very slowly. You can do this!!!! It may not at times feel that way, but it can be done.

I had daily waves and windows.. If you dont know what that is, please research.

I wont get into the nitty griddy of my weaning. It was very very slow.

You have to always keep telling yourself that it will get better.....and it does!!!!

• Posted

After only 3 months on such a low dose, do you really need to taper? Best thing is to stop taking it for a day or two and see how you feel. If you're no more anxious then keep going. If you get any withdrawals that are unpleasant then taper.

Listen to your body, it will tell you what you need to do.

• Posted

When it comes to benzos, there is no such thing as a low dose

• Posted

Of course there is. High doses for prolonged periods are known to cause dependence and tolerance issues. The truth about benzos are, the vast majority of people taking it long term as prescribed do not need dose escalation or form a dependence.

There are tonnes of people who take it for years and years and they never have any problems.

Of course there are those few who abuse it, get dependent, quit cold turkey and then tell the world what a horrendous experience they've had.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.