Klonopin & Xanax??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I suffer from anxiety/panic attacks around once/twice a week, but when i do get them, they are quite severe and i have noticed my anxiety levels have really increased lately. I have read reviews about Xanax and Klonopin being good meds to take to help with these attacks.

Please Note: If i were to take these meds it would be a small dose only once/twice a week... NOT everyday.

Would it be worth taking these meds, for example, around an hour before a situation that a panic attack could happen? and if so, would it actually help me from having one? 

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Take xanax it helps with anxiety it's supposed to calm your nerves and side effect you may get sleepy. Just don't make meds a habit. Hope this helps mate. Also helps too keep your mind busy with reading a book or doing something like a sport. 
  • Posted

Hello. Having suffered from sever anxiety and full blown panic attacks, meds like that help in the short term but also become an addiction.  Take a pill to help calm you then you eventually need 2 and so on.  I feel the best plan of course is daily medication to help with any chemical imbalances and take the anxiety edge off (I use cipralex  5mg to help with the attacks and CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Techniques)  Learn breathing techniques and to understand my triggers.  Understanding/breathing and taking charge of your situation. Looking forward and not behind also helps keep everything more positive.

Good luck eh!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.