Knee

Posted , 7 users are following.

i am 2 weeks post op

my knee has been sore since the beginning post op. 

I have even used cold cuff I borrowed off mum from when she had her new knee. . I use it to wrap round my bum and hip as well. Quite effective only trouble is it doesn't stay cold long enough!!  It is quite a palaver emptying the cuff. Filling bucket with ice and cold water, then you drain the water into the cuff wrapped round your knee , remove hose from cuff an hey presto. really cold. Helps though. 

Back to my knee. Do you think the knee is put in some sort of clamp? because it really hurts behind my knee. It hurts to do exercise where you stand and lift your foot up and feels very swollen behind the knee. 

Anyone out there had anything similar??

having said that, I amdoing well and happy with my recovery.

Glad to hear so many positive stories 

i hope you are all asleep and pain free 

I'm having a slightly iffy night but am now just going to try bed again. 

Carol x

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Carol my knee came out in a whopping great bruise about 2 weeks after the op, and then I realised they must have grasped it to manipulate the hip. It has improved, I am now 11 weeks, but not gone entirely. I found volterol rubbed all round it several times a day helped. And I wish the spell checker on this iPad would stop thinking it knows what I am going to say!!!!!!!!!
    • Posted

so sorry  but LOL so much .... at least you have a spell checker - 

and yes, I thought that I was watching a -do-it-yourself home improvement video instead of surgery ...

muggy and hot again here in Holland ...

stay cool and hydrated .... 

• Posted

i know what you mean It keeps changing the things I say!!

thanks for letting me know about knee sound exactly the same. 

Nice to know what to expect

have a good day

carol 🌻😄. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.