Knee

Posted , 8 users are following.

It's been three months now since I have my knee   Replacement surgery things were going really well to physical therapist was happy and things are going I'm not in that much pain not take an y  pain meds at all but last night while I was sleeping I bend my knee very hard on the wall walk me right out of my sleep and I'll today is killing me should I be concerned call the doctor and you actually hurt your knee by banging it I'm really worried about this very depressed today in a lot of pain 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi bosco. I would ice elevate and rest it for a couple days see how u feel.   The knee is strong. It's very hard to break it. Just take it ez for a couple days. Take a pain med if u have to. Hang in there. I hope you feel better soon

• Posted

I'm 3+ mos. out from TKR.  3 weeks ago I tripped and fell on the nonTKR knee but twisted enough that the operated knee was very sore.  I kept on with the stretching and the pain subsided.   My point is to keep stretching even when it's painful.  Keep the ROM way up 125 or higher or you'll start to get stiff and lose flexibility.  Everyone I know that has had a successful outcome has kept stretching and exercising well after their surgery date.  The repaired knee will never be like a healthy knee but if you are diligent, it'll still serve you well.

• Posted

Ice it a lot and go back to some of the beginning stuff like elevation. Rest it and maybe take some anti inflammatories. Most likely soft tissue irritation as it really take as blow to do damage to the prosthesis. As an example: the day after my revision, I fell and caused a 20 degree torque break to my femur.....no damage to the joint. Be patient....again.
  • Posted

Ice and elevate...take some anti-inflammatories and give it a day or two.  Don't get freaked...  If there's a real problem, you'll know it in a few days.

• Posted

Lots of good advice already. Review things in a week. Very pleased for you that apart from this recent event things are so much better.
  • Posted

Don't worry your new TKR is tough it's only the nerves playing hell Rest ice and elevate message and a week should see you over it I fell 28 stitches in unoperated leg bashed and bruised TKR it recovered in s couple of weeks the other leg still recovering hope you heal ok

• Posted

They are rather tough! I certainly feel the difference in the strength I have in my operated leg too! It is bionic compared to the other, which is rather weak! I hope you continue to recover well. Must have been very distressing indeed!
  • Posted

Thank you  everyone who responded I appreciate the help 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.