Knee

Posted , 6 users are following.

im back just an up date on my knee. It's been over a year since tkr and ten months since MUA .its been hell the long and short of it is . I'm still in pain and I've a limp .im still doing my exercises Ive had to change my job to a sitting down job. I have no faith in my sergeon .....he gave me a pain injection (that didn't work) and said if it's no better when I went back to see him he would like me to heave a second opinion.so I went back last week he was running late with his appointments .we he wasn't bothered about me saying if I was in pain in 8 months time .then I should make an appointment and he'll do blood test ....no mention of a second opinion...to say the least I had it done private. I have today put a complaint in I never want to see that man

again 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi  just had knee replacement 2 weeks ago i'm in terrible pain, tried cocodamol with ibuprofen, tramadol, morphine, and still in pain, doctor is trying me on neproxen today, havent slept for 14 days, climbing the walls here and you just cant go anywhere your partner is sleeping so you have to go downstairs and watch tv which i am not keen on anyway so bored and so much in pain, stalpes out in the morning hopefully slight less pain i dont think you should be allowed out of hospital until you can manage your pain, and there should be a 24hour call line for you to speak to someone, no one should have to suffer in pain this day and age, lets see how this new drug sums up, most prob be down again tonight, max

• Posted

Hi Lesley

It has been suggested by my consultant to a MUA in about 3 weeks if my knee ROM doesn't improve....it is now at 80 to 85 degrees after  9 weeks post op. Could you please tell me if after having your MUA did improve the ROM and have you still got good ROM.

Thanks

Wayne

• Posted

Hi Wayne

I'm having an MUA tomorrow, I left hospital with a 45 degree bend and that's where it's stayed, I'm 10 weeks post TKR Im really hoping it works as it feels like I have a block of cement around my knee . I will let you know .

• Posted

Thanks Lesley, Glad it worked for you... getting a lot of positive replies here and other places...so that is good.

​Regards

​Wayne

• Posted

Don't know why I'm in paid and knee so stiff. The sergeon said he has done over13000 TKR and I'm the second person this has happened too.. And that's it feeling a bit down but I'll get there one day xx

• Posted

I had a left tkr done May 6, 2016 and a right tkr done on sept. 16, 2016.  I still have a lot of pain in both knees.  I remember my dr. Saying that 95% of tkrs are successful.  I like my surgeon and he is concerned.  I have had a blood test to see if my body was rejecting the metal in the implant as well as a bone scan. All the bone scan showed is bone inflammation.  I go back to see my doctor in a couple of months to get my knees xrayed and go from there.  My implants are not loose (they would have to be replaced by more surgery).  I get down but am thankful that I can get around.  Flexion is 125 and extension is close to 0.  I feel your pain.  Hang in there.  I haven’t given up.  I wish you the best.  You are not alone. 
    • Posted

Thank you Shrarron .i was offered blood test in 8 months time if I'm still in pain...the thing is I just never want to see the sergeon again he's so uncaring .I have put a complaint in .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.