Knee

Posted , 18 users are following.

can any of you TKR people get on your knees?

2 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It feels a bit weird when i do, i dont like to do it though which dosen't please the wife 😀

• Posted

I'm at 12 weeks on one and 7 weeks on the other and no way can i kneel

• Posted

Gosh you are very brave having both done so close  together  Well done  
    • Posted

I knew my summer was gone so I swallowed it. I’m 53 and  was tired of being limited. I get frustrated at the pace of recovery but overall very happy I did it. Good luck
  • Posted

Can get down on my knee no problem, its getting back up again due to old age that is the problem !.  It is coming up to 6 months since it was done, and no pain very flexible so well pleased
  • Posted

I’m at 3 months. I’ve accidentally did getting into bed and it really hurt. I was told I should never get down on my knee
  • Posted

I was also told not to kneel down which is very awkward sometimes. I'm 9 months tkr and so happy I had it done. I'm 49 so will probably need it doing again but hopefully not for a long time ??

• Posted

I got down on my knees once but found it very uncomfortable.

PT said to use a cushion next time.

Remember that kneeling down a lot will wear out the cartilage.

Im 6 months in now but this I avoid at all cost, can do everything else, gym, swimming and a little tennis.

Along with walking the dog.

Best wishes 

Sue

• Posted

I am two years bilateral knee replacements and can kneel! I started last March with a pillow and tried to knee for a few seconds. I have worked my way to longer time. When I pull weeds I use a pad to kneel on. Good luck and keep on being patient.
    • Posted

I can’t see physically how kneeling alone is harmful to the new knee. In time, if I’m pain fee doing it I will. Good luck
  • Posted

I am having pre op assesment tomorrow for total knee replacement. My surgeon it is bone on bone in my right knee and I also have osteoarthritis in both knees and feet. He said it will take 6 months to recover.I am seeing him next week. I am very nervous about having operation as nobody on forum seems to have anything positive to say since having their operation. I would be very grateful for any positive replies. I live in Ireland. Many thanks.
    • Posted

Morning Joan I’m from the UK 

I’ve just been unlucky I’ve had many friends that have had it done and doing great ask lots of questions make sure they give you lots of drugs sir pain relief as mine was rubbish do your exercises stay strong and keep positive 

Good luck 🍀

• Posted

I thought I would never feel good again but I am so happy I had it done. I'm 9 months tkr still have a little stiffness and some scar tissue but it's worth it compared to the pain before. Make sure you exercise before the op so you have a bit of strength in it it will help. Keep up with the meds and exercises but don't push too hard. I did and it set me back a little. Good luck??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.