Knee

Posted , 2 users are following.

I get like a stabbing pain in my knee which makes me go down, so painful..Ive tried exercise and rest but both ways still no better. my question is should I really push on exercise wether it hurts or not like go through a pain barrier with it or is this bad

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If you have osteoarthritis of the knee the best thing is to do targeted exercises which strengthen supporting muscles, specifically quads. If you are getting pain with impact probably best to avoid that or limit it. Look after your cartilage! I have taken 2000 glucosamine for many years (two doses of 1000 mg daily, capsules not hard tablets, with food). Avoid using nsaids regularly as they interfere with cartilage renewal so counterproductive to use for arthritis pain relief. Ice if you get swelling, otherwise warmth to relax any tension in muscles.

If you can see a physiotherapist they can probably pinpoint the cause of the pain and prescribe helpful exercises.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.