Knee Arthoscopy (keyhole) Surgery Recovery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had keyhole surgery on the 8th of July and to my delight the recovery seems to me to be at a standstill. I am still bedridden and every attempt I make at walking on my cruthches leads to pain in the knees and my calfs. I've had a check up where they stated there was no infections but they wanted me to move around more and dismissed my pleas as I told them my every attempt to walk led to me being in some heavy pain.

I'm having my pain killers and my injections and I'm just wondering when I could expect the recovery process to produce some results and when I would be able to walk again (the ultimate goal)

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Why are you delighted that your recovery has come to a standstill??? I would be mortified. I'm not understanding your situation. Sorry. 

• Posted

It was sarcasm, the problem is I'm having difficulty walking around on my crutches as it feels painful in both my calves and my knee

• Posted

Ahhh.....gotcha. I feel for you - honestly. I guess I would just keep hounding my docs and PT people until I started getting some satisfaction in my care. I'm not at all familiar with key hole surgery but you should certainly be able to get some help and answers from someone! Best of luck to you. Sorry I'm not helpful.

• Posted

Wow so sorry to hear of your problems, I had two hole knee surgery 7 days ago for double mensius tear and clean out. I have no pain and am walking around without cane and driving.  Have little swelling left above knee and little stiff but I continue with exercises and still no pain.  I am retired 74 female and doing pretty good. I would talk with my dr to get more info as it seems something is not quite right here. NOt sure what keyhole surgery is. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.