Knee arthroscopy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm new to this, anyone had this op and still not walking properly, or knee not weight bearing going down stairs after 4 months? My weight is in proportion to my height so that's not the problem, totally fed up with it, thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Janice

I'm due to have arthroscopy in 2 weeks, not had it

yet so can't help you however, there's lots on this

site about it and probs people are experiencing. From what I've read, if you are older, it might not be the best solution to the problem people were

experiencing. I'm sure others who have been through it will advise. Good luck. Hope things resolve very soon.

• Posted

Hi Deb

Thanks for that, today it actually felt a lot better! Been amazed at how I walked about so well, so I'm feeling more optimistic that it's improving, wish you well for your op, just take your time in the beginning doing the exercises, it's all you can do.

Take care, janice

• Posted

Hi Janice I had the same op because I had

A locked knee. I would say it took me 12 months

for my knee to feel normal again. I was not offered much Physio so I paid private to see one and see

gave me a list of excercises to do which I did at least 4 times a day and this worked for me.

Hope this helps kind regards Bev

• Posted

Hi Bev,

Thank you for telling me, that was a long time but glad you got there finally. I also have had physio which helped but had to ask for it, ridiculous that I was only given an exercise booklet and left to get on with it with no follow up, anyways, feel today it was much better, touch wood! But it's made me feel more optimistic, thanks again for sharing,

keep well, janice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.