Knee bend

Posted , 6 users are following.

Any ideas on how to sleep.

Any idea on how to get bend?

About 4 weeks and can't bend

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No idea how to get some sleep!! That seems to be a major problem for most people.

As for bend ... try sitting in a chair (dinning room type chair) and see how far you can push your foot back as far as you can and then nudge it back further with your good foot. That was one of the exercises my physio gave me.

Also my physio suggested trying to sit in a chair with both legs bent. That stretches your knee and the goal is to actually sit down!!

Hope these are helpful? 😉

• Posted

Bending is a real pain at first as I have been ill for first week I am not doing what I should.but put a piece of kitchen roll under your foot and sit on a chair and slide your foot backwards....then put good foot over bad leg ang just push and the tissue moves your leg further back.

it does hurt but it works sleeping I get on my side with bad leg in a crook and then it gets comfy and I nod off for a while good luck

• Posted

Hi Sonnys girl, 

I can email you exercises that I was given.

send me a message if you want them.

Regards Paul

• Posted

Sleep......pillow between legs, half on back half on good side and operated leg almost straight...might give you a couple of hours! + of course pain killers.

Bend...., try the bottom step of the stairs. Stand at the bottom, TKR leg foot on the bottom step, bend knee into the stairs and then straighten, then again etc. You'll find you get more bend each time and it feels good afterwards.

Also as someone else says. sitting on an upright chair, knees bent, stand up no hands, sit down no hands but not with a plop....controlled. Doesn't happen first time but it will come!

• Posted

I am 3 weeks tomorrow and I sleep on my bad side with pillow over knee and my other knee tucked in behind - I find it the most comfortable way to sleep. but my doctor has also prescribed a slow release tramadol to assist with pain relief over night. I have the same problem with the bend but I think it is just a case of persevering with the exercises.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.