knee braces

Posted , 5 users are following.

just a thought , how many of us have had these knee or leg braces and what we do with them after when we dont need them , they are expensive to buy and we get them from the nhs , does any one know if they can be reused , there is nothing wrong with them ,just seems to me a waste of money , or would any one want to use 2 nd hand ones ,pretty sure that to recycle would be cost worthy  

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was never given a knee brace ..but I feel the same about the ice pack 

the nurse said if you don't take it home it will be thrown away....surely they could be sterilised and reused

it seems an expensive waste to me 

• Posted

A lot of hospitals accept them back either in orthopaedics or physio departments.

they clean and service them then reissue them.

• Posted

I was told I could keep mine. I have 2 sets and to be honest they wouldn't be fit for anyone's else's use as parts are damaged
  • Posted

I took mine into hospital on the day of my op; did nothing for me and physio said they only work if they are customer made.

Anyway hospital were happy to have it back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.