Knee cap pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, , i had my tkr, left knee, 16 days ago, the pain was getting a little better until the day after phisio, 2 days ago, tried to get up in the night and found my knee cap had locked, the pain was horrendous and i could barely walk, ice seemed to help but today is the same , walking very gingerly as it feels ready to lock again, worse pain ever, advise appreciated please

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Morning SUE that happened to me many times and still does massage your knee to try and relax the tension that is in there But I would also speak to your doctor and get him to have a look at it to make sure you keep taking your pain medication but do lots of mass sergeant as but I would also speak to your doctor get him to have a look at it to make sure you keep taking your pain medication do lots of massage as this will help good luck stay strong xx

• Posted

thank you for your message kathleen, i will try that, hadnt thought of massage before, sue

• Posted

That happened to me ! They said mt muscles were not firing ! Work on doing leg lift locking your knee! It helped me and boy does it hurt! Good luck!

• Posted

hi, ill give it a try, much harder recovery than i ever imagined,

• Posted

I still have this problem when I get up in morning, also from sitting to long. I massage my knee, also what I call pumping my leg bend and straight if possible. My pain seems to come from behind the knee and nerve that runs from back to knee and can not put to much weight on this leg for a few minutes. Working with my physio therapist and have been given exercises to strengthen my muscles hamstring and quads.

• Posted

yes defenately when i get up in morning, and cant put my foot to the floor, will try massage tomorrow

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.