Knee effusion that doesn't ever go away

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! I'm not sure where to even start... I have a lot of things going on & I'm not sure which things caused the other things. But I'm horrified after seeing myself on my doorbell camera... I know i have effusion in my knee, which causes me to have a constantly bent knee (both knees are doing this by now), and I've also been told i have lower limb discrepancy -. Though this could be resulting from the knee issues... Well that, inevitably caused scoliosis. And I'm not sure if this came about as a result of all of those things or not, but over time, i also started to hunch forward.. a LOT. so altogether, i look like a squatting, hunching/ducking down crazy person when I'm just walking around thinking i look normal. When i notice, i try to stand up straight but my muscles get tired quickly and i become out of breath nearly right away.. it feels like I'm standing stiff as a soldier, very exaggerated, just for me to stand how I'm normally supposed to!! So i don't know which thing happened first, to cause the other things, i don't know where to start, how to start fixing these issues! ... But i NEED to do SOMETHING, because i look like a freak the way I'm carrying myself lately, and the standing on constantly bent knees is causing them to age prematurely too! how's can i keep my knees from being bent constantly? I've been to multiple drs, they don't know what is causing my effusion,id give anything to have a normal knee again! so any ideas on what should I start with, what can i do? 😦

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Keep searching for a doctor who can help . Don't give up . Sometimes it takes a lot of our own research online to help us find help. Become your own advocate. check with doc in your area for referrals or therapy to help. start with blood tests to be sure this condition is not a vitamins deficiency.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.