Knee inflammation Pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,I have pain mostly in Right kneecap area but also in Left & the swelling of my knees are unbelievable due in inflammation(My knees are Huge)..I have been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis...I also can't stretch my legs out to full length or stand with legs completely straight as it feels like an elastic band wants to snap behind my knees...I cycle (not as often as I'd like)which certainly helps to breakdown the pain & swelling of gradually reducing the snapping pain of whatever's going on in the back of my knee....Apart from anti-inflammatory medicine,ice packs,elevation & rest...what More can I do to reduce the pain & swelling also any ideas as to what the "Elastic Band" feeling is?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

my husband also has a fair bit of swelling. any form of excercise and his tkr knee swells up. likewise rest and ice packs do help the swelling to go down but any further advise is appreciated

• Posted

you have to stretch for sure as a cyclist. my husband used to teach cycle and his legs were extremely tight. Elevate them while icing might help with the swelling...are you seeing an ortho doc? im 5 wks post bilat. tkrs due to osteoarthritis. i

• Posted

Hi,No not yet seen an ortho Dr...have had a knee x-ray done but that was years ago & was the initial discovery of arthritis...other than that just tried different methods to cope with it....this past week I've managed to get alot of the swelling/inflammation down & kneecap area doesn't hurt so much...but the back of my knee has been ridiculous!!! Especially once I take my 1st steps upon waking...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.