Knee injury after 6 ft jump, bent unnaturally sideways, swelling pain and foot numbness.

Posted , 4 users are following.

On new years day around 1230am-100am I was walking home and was in a situation where I had to run from a dangerous situation. I made a jump over a wall my same height while wearing a backpack. The dirt was uneven on the other side of the wall and so I landed hard and crooked. My leg bent sideways quite a lot more than it ever had before. The pain was immediate and walking was instantly more difficult. The temperature outside was below freezing so my legs were already a somewhat numb.

When my legs were warmed up once again and I was lying in bed the knee swelled considerably but my knee cap was in place. It became harder to bend my knee but it wasn't bad enough that I couldn't walk.

The next day there was numbness on my foot and today that numbness increased although I can bend my knee more now and the pain has decreased. I really want the numbness to go away, its driving me nuts.

What should I do?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello, My guess is you might have injured a nerve? I'm no doctor, so I'd suggest seeing on fairly soon if it persists. I injured mine running across the years two years ago. Since then. there have been four surgeries, two knee replacements on that same knee. I miss have a normal functioning knee sooo very much. Try to keep away from surgery as much as you can. Good luck,hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I meant to say yard...running across the yard

• Posted

You should see a doctor or go to the ER immediately.

• Posted

Hi Happy New Year not a good start for you if it was me I would be going straight to A+E I think numbness means there is nerve damage but I am not a doc .Seriously get it checked out if nerve dies you could be left like this .Worst case scenario. Hope you get sorted soon .

• Posted

Thank you for the replies. My knee has improved since writing my first post. I read some medical webpages on this problem and simply massaging the swollen area brought sensation to my foot once again. Have a good one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.