Knee issues

Posted , 10 users are following.

This tkr ain't no joke! Patience and a positive attitude is the key to a Good outcome. Does anyone else have a wet sensation running down their leg after tkr? I was told that it's the nerves reactivating.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi my take on this op is that every day brings a new pain or sensation its a brutal surgery just keep looking to the day you get your life back
  • Posted

I agree this is a challenging surgery. I am 5 months now and doing well, but it takes time - time heals, good luck
  • Posted

I get like a fizzing feeling. It's almost like when you've had a tooth filled and the anaesthetics wearing off. That's also nerves healing I am told :-)

• Posted

Hi Phillip,

firstly, welcome to the " club".   I think I know the sensation you mean.  In the early days, I was continually checking my leg because it felt like there was blood trickling down it.  Of course, it wasn't but you're right, it is the nerves that have Been cut.  It goes away but other sensations tend to follow.  I can't get over the funny, numb feeling, when my knee leans up against something.  It's weird and it's been a year since the op.

good luck with everything.

sue xx

• Posted

Exactly. I thought there was internal bleeding and asked my Therapist. I feel better knowing that I can reach out to people that understand. Thanks everyone for your input.
  • Posted

Hi Phillip!

Yes, I had those sensations, too, and, like you continually was checking to see if blood was running down my leg!

It went away after awhile. Have no idea what caused it. Pretty weird feeling, though!

• Posted

I too have had this - but it really worried me as this was the first "wierd" feeling my husband had before being diagnosed with MS in 1999 (admittedly he then had an MRI & lumber puncture). I mentioned it to the consultant & was told exactly the same as we all now know, it's those cut/abused nerves giving us what for!!

• Posted

Yes, all kinds of new sensations. This goes to shoe us all what a very complex surgery this is. Healing from it has taken so much from me. I am 4 weeks post open and am learning to be patient with this whole ordeal. Every day I feel something different on this leg as it heals.

So very thankful I found this group. It has helped me realize most of what I am feeling is normal.

• Posted

4 weeks now ....I think there's a thread dangling down and touching my leg...knee cap is numb ....hope you r soon on the mend......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.