knee making weird sound. still giving me pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

i injured my knew in high school by falling wrong. the doctor told me that i had an MCL sprain, i believe, and i never received any form of rehab for it. my knee occasionally gives me slight discomfort, and i've noticed i can not be as explosive when i play sports anymore and can get overpowered by smaller people. my knee has had a couple episodes where it feels like it popped out of place, while playing intense basketball and i had to straighten my knee in order to feel like i could walk again. people tell me that i have a slight limp and i've noticed that i swing my left leg to the outside while walking instead of bending the knee and moving it forwards. it also makes a popping sound when i straighten it, and if i elevate my left leg and lunge it creates a type of grinding sound. please help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

heres a video of the noise

• Posted

that dont sound good at all, i would get that checked out immediately. how old are you may i ask because its only going to get worse!!

• Posted

Hi you need to get a mri scan done as if you have torn lygements it wont show up on a xray. As i had the same problem at work knee was swollen dr said it was arthrist which was not it also made nosies and i walked with a limp as well.

• Posted

would you be able to walk pain free for 6 years without noticing torn ligaments?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.