Knee noises

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had tkr July 27,2017 and felt like I was doing really well. As the swelling has been deminishing I have noticed a squishy lump about the size of a golf ball on the outside of my right knee. Went to the dr and he said he had never seen that before!!  Yikes!. Took a little fluid out of it and ordered an MRI. Said he thought maybe the "fat pad" had slipped and maybe knee is a little loose. The MRI showed nothing and I'm going to get a second opinion. Has anyone else heard of this?  I don't have any pain but I am concerned. Also have clicking noises 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zoey,  wow!  I had a partial on the same day and have the lump and the clicking as well.  I notice when my knee is bent the lump is much smaller than when I stand.  I do not see my doctor until January, so please keep me posted.  I have other very serious issues with the replacement, but at least this one does not cause me pain.

Good luck.

Sue

• Posted

Hi Sue, my lump is bigger when I am sitting and much smaller when I stand. Also, it is very soft. I was shocked when my Dr said he had never seen this before, needless to say!  I had my MRI report sent to my primary care dr and hope to get a second opinion. I will keep you posted. Meanwhile, I hope your other issues get resolved soon. 
    • Posted

Hi Zoeymax

When you mention your DR is this your GP or your surgeon the latter should know i had a small lump above my knee but not as big as a golf ball after some good advice from this forum i started massaging it after a while it went but i think mine was just scar tissue your doing the right thing waiting on a second opinion i hope you get it sorted out keep us informed good luck.

• Posted

Thanks Johnny!  My surgeon is the one who said he hadn’t seen this before. I’m hoping my primary care Dr will refer me to another orthopedist for a second opinion. I might try massaging it too. Thanks for the advice. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.