Knee not bending properly after broken femur

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I broke my femur 3 years ago, then went to the kinesiologist to restore my knee movement till the required sessions were over.

I can do all regular things but my knee wont bend at its fully range , It bends less than the other, Why does this happens? , Is it still treatable? and if so How, doing more knee-excercise or what?...

Or im done sad?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dante, 

It may be that you’ve built up scar tissue that is keeping your knee from bending. Sometimes you can work through this in physio, sometimes you need help from orthopedic surgeon to remove the scars. But I’m not a doctor nor do I have experience with a broken femur. I just have experience with scar tissue stopping my bend (scar tissue from patellar tendon to femur etc). 

About how much bend do you have?

I’d suggest seeing your doctor and going from there. 

Best of luck,

Amy

• Posted

Didnt know about "scar tissue" ,I remember hearing clicks on my knee from time to time in therapy, could that be part of it?

Its like 100-110 degrees, but I wish it could be as good as before (like crouching on my ankles without problem).

I think i will go, thanks for the info and all !,it gives me sonething to start of.

Also ,did you fully recover the bend?

• Posted

I haven’t actually. I have been diagnosed with arthrofibrosis of the knee - after TKR - and have had one scope/manipulation to try to clean out the scar tissue, but it came back within ten days. I have another scheduled for next week.  It’s a rare condition from what I understand...... 🙁

• Posted

Hi Dante,

I’m  not sure about the clicks and scar tissue - I haven’t experienced it. But I had knee replacement too.

Unfortunately I haven’t gotten my bend back - I’m still stuck btwn 75-80 degrees but going for another procedure next week. Argh.  

• Posted

oh np, I hope we can get the bend again sad, anyway, hope the procedure´s goes well, and thanks for your time amy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.