I’ve got physio this week 

I have no ideal when or if I can work again 

If I give Work notice will I be able to claim sick pay 

I haven’t payed another stamp because I don’t earn enough 

Don’t know what the next step is 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

First of all if you work for a big retail store they must have an occupational health department, talk to them and they will arrange a phased return to work. 

As for the surgery this doesnt make sense as i know I know people who have had this done and haven’t had these problems. Have you been doing the physio and taking the pain meds correctly.

i have just had a joint replacement and as I followed the surgeons directions I have slowly been phasing down the pain meds and now on just a small amount of paracetamol after less than two weeks. Time  to talk to  the surgeon and physio about this. 

• Posted

Hi Tracy  i dont understand if u did a knee opp yr boes musnt b touching other dobu know after knee opp u can b walking next day pls take a second opinion 💕i jst had a shoulder Replacement 7 days ago im feeling much better my pain is gone and im recovering well and on  lower meds intake i hope u get well 🤗

• Posted

Thankyou for replying 

The tissues between the knee cap as completely gone so bone is rubbing bone when I walk 

Now I have a hole in the bone 

He said I do need a knee replacement but I’m to young I’m 53 

Because I’m pain free at the moment he wants to leave any further operations 

He also said remain of your legs for a long period of time and no gym 

But when I walk either if it’s only 10 mins my knee feels like it’s going to fall out 

Strange feeling 

I still take codine once a day because by the end of the day it’s aching 

My first physio is tomorrow 

But I really want to go back to work 

But. Scarred I’m going to make it worse 

• Posted

Go see another surgeon and get the knee replacement done, you will be pain free and back to work. Too young is rubbish with today’s advances. I am in my 50s and just had my third finger joint replacement! 

When its bone on bone the next step is joint replacement, I know as I have been there. Get yourself on the replacement joint list as that in itself takes time and speak to her at work. Could you not perhaps train to be a till operator so you can sit down 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.