Knee operation 2 weeks before holiday?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm scheduled for my pre op assessment on monday 5th of november, with the likelihood of the op being the same week, but i go to florida on the 19th! I think its the cartlidge that is damaged meaning that it will most likely be keyhole surgery. Does anyone know if just under 2 weeks is enough recovery time for my holiday or if its best to delay the surgery???!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i may be lot older than you at 70 but it took me a good 6 weeks to et over mine earlier this year. if you can put it off until you come back it may be better

• Posted

the knee is still strong ive still been playing football until it pops then i can just pop it back in! yea i think you mite be right about delaying it. i dont even know if it is the cartlidge yet but thats my guess. think the walking on holiday may just be too much too soon! thanks

• Posted

i may be lot older than you at 70 but it took me a good 6 weeks to et over mine earlier this year. if you can put it off until you come back it may be better

• Posted

Mine was booked for 2 weeks before i was due to go on holiday, they told me i wouldn't get a fit to fly from the doctor due to risk of blood clots. I would delay it. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery 😃

• Posted

Thanks, that may answer my question if the doc doesnt allow me to fly then i can just delay it till im back. Thanks for yor help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.