knee osteoarthritis

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone again,

I was diagnosed with moderate/ severe ostearthritis in my left knee about a month ago and mild in left in 2014. I have found since being diagnosed my other knee feels worse,not all the time but quite regular and my left hip feels strange not really painful but as if it needs  moved to feel comfortable.

I was wondering if other people feel they have other joint issues after been diagnosed. Could be im just more aware now since my left knee got extremely painful 3/4 months ago.

Thanks

Annette. x

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Annette

Yeah I agree with everyone that the change in your gait is probably the reason for hip pain, I get that in my other hip now!! Joy!

Have you tried Voltarol Emulgel, it was the only thing that I found worked a bit.

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Thanks Marilyn

Yeah i agree with you all that it is my gait because i now walk with a limp.

Im going to give flexiseq a go first, it as great reviews off arthritis sufferers but will keep Voltarol in mind if no joy with other.

Thanks for your advice.

Annette. x

• Posted

Annette, I was thinking about this in the night.  If you've got pain in your hip then a TENS might sort it.  I got a back problem after physio for a curvature of the spine (sideways) and it left me in dreadful pain, but a TENS, using it as the instructions said, actually stopped the pain completely within a few days and it didn't come back until I went back for more physio and the same thing happened again, but it cured it again and I've not used it since.  So if the topical products don't help, that might be something that works for you.

• Posted

Thanks Chris you have been so helpful to me

I will try the flexiseq first, if no joy with it a tens machine will be the next step.

Annette. x

• Posted

Let us know Annette.  Hopefully something will work.  We'll be thinking of you.  I often think of the various people on here and hope things are going better for them!

• Posted

Thankyou so much again Chris. I know what you mean with regards to other people, i feel lucky compared to other people my husband is so good to me and really supports me with everything and my children help out,  lots of love off everyone including my lovely  persian cats!

Thakyou again and i will keep you posted.

Annette. x

• Posted

Annette, a supportive husband makes so much difference, I agree!  And my kids care too and would do anything to help.  We've got cats too and they're very sweet and careful around my knee LOL!  When I first came home I was worried about them jumping on the knee so my husband made a 'tunnel' from a cardboard box that the leg went through on two sides and it sat above the knee to protect it:-))))

Take care:-)))

• Posted

You made me chuckle Chris. I will keep the cat tunnel  in mind when i get TKR.

Thanks.

Annette. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.