Knee Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

i am currently haveing physio treatment on my knees due to reoccuring pain under my knee cap and below my knee cap. i have been given exercises to do to strenghthen my muscles in the upper part of my leg and something to do with the cartalidge. i have also had an ultrasound on my knee which will also help strenghthen cartalidge.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi, just read your blog - the physio is expensive and I've been a few times (£50 a pop) - I got bought ultralieve pro - sounds like it could help and reduce the cost of those physio visits. worked for me so who knows. can't remember the web address but type in ultralieve or ultralieve pro. :roll:
  • Posted

Hi, it's got a 30 day money back guarantee so you've got nothing to lose I hope plus the ultrasound should reduce the inflammation and strengthen the cartilage. the device was £129 so it may help between physio visits..

the site is ultralieve.com - there was a special promo code Atheletics weekly called: awul09 - you get another £20 off. :roll:

1 more trip to the physio and ya could of bought one-

my knee injury is much less painful and the fluid has now almost gone

• Posted

I popped my knee joint last year after a fall and the physio encouraged me to go swimming twice a weak to stengthen the muscles/ligaments around the joint. This has helped lots - just read the info on ultralieve pro - have you tried this for your condition?? I'm going to give it a go because I can't afford all the physio appointments as the really adds up. I will go once a month to the physio and then use ultralieve inbetween sessions to reduce the inflammation. I'll let you how it goes + I'll try that promo code to see if I can get more money off :P
  • Posted

Hi Laura,

I have been suffering from muscle pain in my ankle for the last 20 years. I used to play competitive Lacrosse and have been suffering ever since I tore my Achilles. I would have to agree with Running Man, the Ultralieve device has actually reduced the pain. I used to go the physio at least once a month and now I only go once every 2-3. You can use it at home which saves the hassle of finding a good physio and altering plans to fit appointments, not to mention the expense some of them charge. I would give it a whirl, if you dont like it you can always get your money back but if your anything like me the £129 is nothing if you can walk painfree.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Laura

• Posted

Hello,

I agree with the running man - I was given Ultralieve Pro by my dad because I've had an anle injury forever.. I've had physio but I can't afford the treatment sessions. I use ultralieve pro probably twice aday when my ankle flares up - I also use pain medication on the screen which you can then use the ultralieve to send deep into the problem area - I sound like a physio but I saw this being done at my rugby club and I think it helps :wink:

[quote:3e6cf637c8=\"running man \"]Hi, it's got a 30 day money back guarantee so you've got nothing to lose I hope plus the ultrasound should reduce the inflammation and strengthen the cartilage. the device was £129 so it may help between physio visits..

the site is ultralieve.com - there was a special promo code Atheletics weekly called: awul09 - you get another £20 off. :roll:

1 more trip to the physio and ya could of bought one-

my knee injury is much less painful and the fluid has now almost gone[/quote:3e6cf637c8] :lol:

• Posted

:twisted: may be try swimming -this may build up the cartlidge strength possibly. I think ultrasound is good but my private medical insurance has just run out - I;ve read the blogs below and I might give ultralieve a go. I can't afford another £500 on treatment sessions - why isn't free when I pay N.I every month???????? :evil:

[quote:0b65da1e0c=\"Laura Johnson\"]i am currently haveing physio treatment on my knees due to reoccuring pain under my knee cap and below my knee cap. i have been given exercises to do to strenghthen my muscles in the upper part of my leg and something to do with the cartalidge. i have also had an ultrasound on my knee which will also help strenghthen cartalidge.[/quote:0b65da1e0c]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.