Knee pain 4 years later, anybody else experiencing or what's the cause?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had TKR on both knees almost 4 years ago, 6 weeks apart. The ROM is not what I hoped for on both, but am glad that I can stand for long periods and walk long distances without any pain. I do however every now and then get a pain in either knee that makes my knee feel weak and inflamed like. It hurts when bending and straightening my leg. It may last for a few days then go away and comes at any time to either knee. Does anyone else experience this or know what it may be? Thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had one seven years ago and seven mths ago , the old one still plays up sometimes , almost more than new one , or if one hurts the other seems to . I just think it’s normal won’t ever be 100%
  • Posted

I may not be the best one to answer this considering how many issues I have had and maybe one day I can say I had my knee replaced 5 yrs ago. Well anyway fro they way I understand how my knee acts or doesn't there have been times its been in a manner of speaking okay and there are times that its flared up where it been very painful. Most of the time when it happens its usually related to me over doing it and there are also times when the weather changes my knee goes into I hate you mode. As jenny pointed out after your knee has been operated on whether its the first replacement or in my case 6th it will never be as good as a knee that has never been operated on. Just my thoughts.

• Posted

Yes I had TKR on right knee in Feb 2016 and am still suffering

If I could turn back time I  would because not only am I in constant pain but my walking is dreadful

It’s destroyed the quality of my life and I wish wish wish I had never had it done  x 

• Posted

Then something is not right , you shouldn’t be in pain still , get it checked out . I’ve had two and bother after about 8 wks not muchpain , okay occasionally feels odd or an ache but not enough to take a pain killer , and walkingno one would know I had it done last time 7 mths ago
    • Posted

Speaking from my experience my 5th replacement was May 2016 yes it hurt but after a year its supposed to get better mine got worse. The Dr. I had at the time refused to take any X-Rays labs nothing he said everything was fine this went on for approx. another year finally I had enough I went to see another Dr. he immediately thought something was wrong ordered a bone scan as well as x-rays. Turns out the 5th replacement was not aligned properly which caused the implant to fail along with the pain. End result I just had my 6th replacement my advice to you find another Dr. not all Dr.s are as good as they think they are some are far better then others.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.