Knee pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

have been doing well back at work then on Monday the bus hit a speed hump and it jarred my knee have been in pain ever since have been elevating it when I can and icing it will it settle down on its own

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sharon 

two years after a full knee replacement ..as few months after I recovered from the op I slipped on ice and was convinced I had done some damage to new knee ...I spoke to doc he told me this happens all the time to his patients you have probably strained a ligament he advised I rested it elevated it when I could ..it settled down don't worry I have fell off bikes and tripped on stairs since all is well ..so don't worry Sharon it does take a lot keep exercising once it settles ...

• Posted

This is really good to know Pauli. I am so worried about falling! I won't go out the house on my own in case I fall and damage something. I will feel more confident now.
  • Posted

Oh! So sorry to hear that!

I am very new at this, so I can't really say WHAT will happen, but I sure do HOOE that your pain will settle down!

I find that each new day seems to bring new positives but also some negatives! Rain, a few hours longer of WALKING during a shopping trip, too many hours sitting in the car travelling, etc. all have produced not-so-great reactions from NEW KNEE and NEW KNEE-to be!

I also have been reminded that since I experience arthritis symptoms pretty much ALL OVER MY BODY, trouble can come THERE and not just at my SURGICAL site!!

Oh! Arthritis!

How I DESPISE you!

Take care!

Hoping all will soon be well for you!

• Posted

yes sharon pauli is right ive jarred my new knee quiet a few times very painfull when it happens thats for sure but no permanent dammage so dont worry these knees have been put in very securely plus your own bone has grown around it so that even gets it to be stronger your doing the right thing ice it and maybe do some excersises to loosen it try the bike its the best to move it great to hear your back at work
  • Posted

Thanks for your replies it is nice to have reassurance from people that have been through it I am waiting for op number 2 as well Cheryl having the X-rays done in November I hate arthritis too x
    • Posted

Oh YES! Just about everyone in my family had or has arthritis. My Uncle John would comment how stiff he felt. My mom and my grandma would move slowly getting up. I honestly never thought about it until about four years ago when it hit with a vengeance.

I am REALLY looking forward to the six week mark of surgery #2 because by then I hope to have TWO decent knees that will make the holidays less painful.

Of course NOT looking forward to those first couple weeks where everything is a chore and moving is difficult. Not looking forward to swelling and peeing every 20 minutes either! I guess we have to keep our eyes on the prize and just suck it up during the rough times as we head toward better times.

Keep me posted on YOUR second surgery, OK?

• Posted

I suspect you just had some unexpected trauma in the scar tissue. It doesn't take much to rip some of that and it hurts to beat hell when it happens. The pain is severe and takes a while for it to go away. If you feel it's a real concern, a call to your Dr would be advised. The day after my revision I fell and broke my femur. It was a torque(twisting) break. Even with that, it didn't damage the prosthesis at all.
    • Posted

Thanks ofg will see how it goes over the next few days , how is your recovery coming along x
    • Posted

Ouch! So sorry that happened!

Glad to hear that your prosthesis held through all that!

You sure have had A LOT to deal with over the years! You are one strong guy!

Thanks so much for all of your help and support on this site! I know when I see a response from you that I will learn much and often have quite the chuckle as well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.