Knee Pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a dancer, I've pain in my knees for several months and been for an mri scan and shown nothing, but recently been for an x-ray and it shown that I've wear and tear of the cartilage, what is best to do

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Do not have a total knee replacement!!! You need to see if cryotherapy, ozone shots, laser or stem cell will help you first.  There are also knee injections you can get.  If you are young, you will have to have several knee replacements as they don’t last a lifetime.  Google knee exercises knee exercise and start doing them.  Another problem can be weak lower back as the back is connected to the knee.
    • Posted

I'm only 20 and quite worried and if the hospital don't do nothing about it, the pain will carry on

• Posted

You are too young for knee total replacement.  They don’t like to do it unless you are 50.  You need to check into the alternative therapies that are out there.  I can tell you I have done it all and I will never have a total knee replacement ever!  The pain is not worth it and 4 months out I am worse than before surgery and the doctors say, suck it up! I am normal weight, faithful exercise person for over 46 years, eat extremely healthy, and do not take any pain medications or put anything that would cause harm to my body.  The doctors are now telling me it could take a year for the pain to go away when I may need another Total knee as this one may not be working.  Listen to your body, do knee exercises, try an alternative therapy.  Read all the blogs.  Doctor only want your money as your health is not their consern.
  • Posted

Back in my 50's I had four knee issues, two each side.  X-rays show nothing structural; MRIs were inconclusive.  In each case, the ortho had to scope the knee...in each case he found the problem (2 meniscus tears, 2 femoral conydles ripped off).  He fixed them all...back on my feet very quickly. 

Suggestion is to go see a SPORTS orthopedic surgeon, a group that works with your local college and pro teams.  They tend to be better with people involved in heavy physical/sports activity.  For me, it was decades of hockey.  That's where I'd go...  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.