Knee Pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

At 66 I suffered from knee pain, and a pain down the side of my shin for several months. My GP recommended some cream while I waited for an injection into the joint. I have not used the cream nor had an injection. Instead I thought I would try a magnetic bracelet. It took a couple of weeks to work and now I have been totally pain free for two/three months with no medication. I am not sure if this is coincidence or due to the bracelet, but one thing for sure I am not taking the bracelet off.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Not sure if this is relevant but around 6 years ago having had knee arthritis for years. I developed a pain in the knee but the worse was the pain down shin and side of leg into ankle and foot. Used to make me cry out walking was difficult and I spent a few months hardly going out. It did not keep me awake at night. I eventually saw the consultant and they decided to do a knee washout. I had to wait 2 months because when having the pre op check they did not like my ecg and ordered a echo. To cut a long story short the echo was fine but the pain suddenly disappeared. I went for the washout but the surgeon said if its not hurting then to leave it as it would just start it off again. He laughed and said it was nature doing their job after around 6 months of pain. Maybe it was cartilage but it coincided with me having bad eye sight as I was waiting for cataract surgery. It may have been part stress related who knows. It is odd how things work out . I don't blame you at all if the bracelet is helping then I would not take it off either. My knees still give me pain but nothing like it was. The consultant told me that knee replacements are not always as successful as hip. His actual words were it is awfu operation with sometimes a long recovery and that I should not contemplate unless the pain is so bad I can't sleep or have any quality of life. Good luck and I hope you continue to be pain free.

• Posted

Thank you. If you still get knee pain. I would certainly try a good magnetic bracelet - after all you've nothing to lose, except perhaps the pain. Good luck and hope you get better.

• Posted

PS. I am also a libra lady 😃

• Posted

I still have no knee pain, but will, as a matter of course, discuss this with my GP the next time I see him. Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.