Knee pain 6months post TKR

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone!

I had a LTK replacement late Nov. 2017. I had PT at home then outpatient til the end of April. I have been doing exercises and walk my dog twice daily. I had some pain but seemed to be getting better. For the last 3weeks it very sore especially on rt. side of the patella. It feels like deep aching like before my surgery?? It feels worse in hot humid weather. Anyone else feel this way?? I have it on the other knee and other areas because of arthritis but shouldn't ache this bad after a total knee !!! So frustrating! 😯

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Do you ever give yourself a couple days off without the exercise. Sometimes we get caught up in the exercising that we forget the body needs a rest. You never find gym rats, especially doing the same exercises on a daily basis. They change the routine and go from cardio to weights, etc. Give yourself a break and look up some of the Texas guru. Chico Marxs' words if wisdom regarding this sort of thing.

• Posted

Does that mean I've graduated from Oracle to Certified Guru like you? That would be an honor...

• Posted

So this may sound nuts but there is truth to this. Whenever the weather changes as dumb as this sounds it makes the pain in my knee worse. It's almost like I went overboard with exercises or activity except when the weather or being more specific the barometric pressure changes it cause my knee to go from normal everyday pain to its time to lay down put ice on and hoe things settle down. The fact you also mentioned arthritis on other areas would also give some reason to believe what I am saying is true. It happens to me everytime the weather changes I live in Richmond Va everyday its been hot and humid with T-Storms in the evening and everyday with out doing anything the pain has been up there.

• Posted

I totally agree that when the weather changes it affects arthritic areas big time !!! Since i have had a total knee i thought it would prevent that deep aching !! Its horrible to have pain 24/7.
    • Posted

I try but not always successful is to make light of the situation. It seems the more I complain get aggravated wallow in self pity and misery the worse it gets so for me I try and help others sometimes adding something silly if nothing else but to get an unseen smile! Today they are calling for more rain without checking the weather I knew when I woke up it was going to be blah outside based on my L knee. So here I am its 9 am est. took a couple pain pills and have my knee wrapped in ice. I keep hoping that at some point I will get it fixed. The new Surgeon I have is very thorough so fingers crossed maybe???? 
    • Posted

I had this explained to me once as the body protecting itself. When you have weather systems, especially rapid barometer changes, the body sends fluid to protect the damaged areas. This causes swelling and the pain. When you go through weather changes like spring and fall with the storms popping up suddenly its much more painful than the slow moving things that let you know 2 days ahead of time. A Dr friend of mine who deals with the geriatric field almost exclusively has told me the never teach this I'm med school but 35 years in the field told him a long time ago that its real and painful.

• Posted

I had LTKR end of October 2017 and am getting same feeling. I asked about it on my six month checkup, they weren't concerned much about it. It is very annoying. I still have it.

• Posted

Hate to say this but its gotten so I can predict the weather based on how the knee is feeling. Annoying is putting it mildly there are times when for no reason at all my L knee hurts like hell and I have done nothing to aggravate it. I asked my last surgeon about it and he also had read some articles in regards to pain and barometric pressure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.