knee pain 6mths after tkrp

Posted , 15 users are following.

I had a total knee replacement 6 months ago, now when i stand i get severe pain in the calf and behind the knee which leaves in mobile for a short time, it is very painful. The medics say there is nothing wrong with the knee, any ideas

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry to hear that Mary, I am only 7days post op and I uses my expectations are a little high, I am a nurse and I am hoping to go back to work in 6 weeks but seeing what other people have posted this may be a bit ambitious
    • Posted

Tracy, as an RGN Id say give yourself at least 12 weeks as a 12 hour shift is hell without surgery. Im 12 weeks but had a pushback with RTA but without that Id be thinking of going back now. (I retired in August)
    • Posted

oh gosh, tracy!  very ambitious indeed!  then again, you may be one of the fortunate ones who have an amazing healing ability.  i had to go back to work physically at week 4 but only 60% office job every day.  but that was more than enough and i would have much preferred to be on my couch with my laptop on my lap!  so i really cannot imagine running around as a nurse.  if you can get more time off, take it and say thanks!
  • Posted

Hi Mary;

I had both knees done 5 months ago and there are times when I just want to cry from the pain, I get in my calfs and from my lower back. I have been told by my chriopactor and doctor that it will take time to get the muscle all back to normal because I had spent so much time walking funny that all the muscle are getting used to the new improved walking. I am not sure if I buy that or not, but for now I will go with it and see what happens. 

Good luck and I hope the pain goes away soon for you

Patricia 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.