KNEE PAIN

Posted , 7 users are following.

My X-Ray showed i have Osteoarthritis in my knee, before this it was always my lower back top of my bottom i had pain constantly and thought that was what caused my knee to get a little sore but all of a sudden most of my joints started to get really painful. I was so scared as i did not know Why this would happen. Now my shoulder my elbows and hands get painful and my knee is so bad i could cry when i walk now. I got a steroid injection but this only helped for 2 weeks which left me feeling so low as i thought it would work and the pain would not be there every single day. My family must be fed up listining to me now as this is so bad that i worry i may have to stop my work as a cleaner which i do not want to do as then i would just be sitting at home and that wont help, i got co-codomal for my back but what can i do to help with pain in the knee can anyone tell me things that can help this?

Thank you

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Get yourself Hemp, made from the kanabis pips. Very good for you. Do not try kanabis oil, harmful.

• Posted

Hello Margaret, sorry to hear about your pain. I have a disc bulge in about the same place as your back pain with radiating pain down one leg. A registrar did offer me a facet joint (spine) injection of steroids but I've found that sublingual cannabidiol (CBD) spray or drops works wonders - just give it 10 days or so for your endocannabinoid system to reactivate and it should make a difference to your knee. No side-effects whatsoever. It certainly worked for my back anyway. CBD's a very powerful anti-inflammatory. For topical relief I use a CBD and menthol cream on my fingers as I have osteoarthritis in a few joints there. - it might work for your knee. I hope you find a solution for your pain by whatever means though. All the best, Alan.

• Posted

Alan I have tried a CBD spray and also capsuals but nothing. I do not know what the name of it was or know if sublingual cannabidiol is the same though. The thing is if i was to take the ones i had it was going to work out really expensive.Where did you get your one and how much as would like to try anything that helps.

Thank you

• Posted

Hi again Margaret, I did include several good brand names in my reply but the moderators edited them out for some reason as well as the name of the CBD user group on a certain social media site. You could try social media for the group as its members have loads of useful advice. Any CBD spray you take under the tongue should help but you do have to take it continuously for 10-14 days for it to have an effect though. I pay 20-30 pounds for the spray and about the same for the balm. I don't earn much but it's well worth the outlay in my book and better than addictive painkillers. I don't think the moderators will allow brand or retailer names on here so all I can suggest is searching for CBD spray or cream + UK. Good luck! Alan.

• Posted

HI margaret

Have you used Capcaisan ( think thats how you spell it ) it is brilliant i have grade 4 rapid onset osteoarthritis all over my body and i had to give up my job about 5 years ago, but since i have been using the Capcaisan cream i found i can move a little freely and also have started thinking about trying a new career in cookery, i am 39 years old so have had to find something to help and i promise it works, as does getting a fitbit and doing 10,000 steps aday only lightly really helps, also start drinking TURMERIC tea it helps with inflamation.

hope this helps let me know if you get some and how you get on

• Posted

I got the Turmeric capsules those did not work for me, I will however try the cream you mention Thank you. I only hope it helps me as well I just cant believe this just started so quick and now apart from back and knees my shoulder always hurts and even elbows and fingers its unreal and i thought with my work as a cleaner i was keeping myself fit with being on the move all the time.

• Posted

Just ask your GP for the cream, it hits the part where pain is most also if you go to a physio ask about wax treatment for your hands as this is a brilliant way to relive pain in hands, hot wax treatment.

take care

• Posted

Thank you Ian i will ask and i am also waiting to see NHS Physio so will ask him also. Thing is i dont think NHS ones do much apart from handing out exercise sheets in my view.

Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.