knee pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone had Coolief shots for pain? Did they help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am considering it but my doc who can do it is not very impressed. These are not really shots, it is a needle that transmits electric current, Radio Frequency Ablation is the term used for this procedure on the back. I have had that with great results.

• Posted

WOOHOO!!! Glad someone else on here has found this procedure...

I had it on my hip and it worked fine. FDA-approved for all joints; especially effective from the reporting for severe osteoarthritis and bone-on-bone conditions for the knee as it deadens the nerves conducting the pain. My guy said that he has knee patients all the time getting at least a year's relief...sometimes up to two. Then they just get it done again to put off the TKR.

I have one knee done; #2 is fine right now, no problems. My ortho says that I'm beyond cortisone and hyaluronic acid (Synvisc). Only TKR left. WRONG!!!!! Before that, I will absolutely do COOLIEF. Check their website for more information and to locate a certified doc near you. Simple 15-minute procedure done under sedation. It's a no-brainer!!!

• Posted

This sounds good, can i get it in the UK ?I have been having steroid injections in both knees for 2 YEARS but they are becoming less helpful.

thanks

• Posted

No idea if it's in the UK. When cortisone stops working, the docs go to Hyaluronic Acid (Synvisc) shots. A single shot can last up to six months; the three shot regimen (all 3 within 14 days) can last up to a year. I had these done for many years very successfully.

When you get past the Synvisc, the final step is the TKR until COOLIEF provided one last option. I will absolutely try it before committing to #2.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.